Getting rid of the old me. I'm still making and releasing Mengele music and it's not the style I quite want to pursue. I have 3 projects that need to be released. Stay tuned.
2. If you could pick a song to describe your life: work, home, friendships, relationships, personal, family, etc. what song would you choose?
I have a song titled Life produced by ARTHEHITMAN. WrItten by yours truly. I write all my own shit...it's a song off my AIM x MIA double disc mixtape-album whatever you wanna call it. Dropped it in 2013. Shah Mengele. Mengele Era..
3. Being an artist is all about growth…in this past year, how do you feel that you’ve grown as an artist?
This year I've gone through new experiences, dealt with new outlooks and changes and have grown past the Mengele style of music. Those things will soon show in the new music I plan on creating. Most importantly this is my first time off by myself as an engineer so I'm learning a lot in that field and may possibly get back into producing.
4. Moving into 2016 are we going to see any changes in your music: style, sound, beats, features, etc.?
Big change. Beat selection: a lot less trap sounds and vibes. More hip-hop old school feel still mixed with the gritty vibe. Style: I can't speak on that too much just know I'm about to go on a lyrical exercise and change my approach and how I vocalize certain things. Features: Honestly I'm not too sure about that part of the question..we'll leave that at that.
5. If you could pick a quote to live by, what would it be?
To be a king one must first learn to serve.. I have an African symbol on wrist that means that.
6. How do you balance being an artist and being just a man, a friends, a son, etc.?
Life outside of music is what life is inside of music. Everything is 24/7 there isn't really any separation. There is a time and place for everything but I'm always on the move.
7. Musically, what’s your biggest aspiration? There are some people who dream of performing in front of a sold out crowd in their hometowns, others that dream of having their own world tour, what is Mirz’s wildest dream musically speaking?
To have support from artists that I grew up listening to. That would be pretty dope.
8. What foreign country are you most excited about the opportunity to perform in, if given that opportunity?
Germany. Amsterdam. Go figure..
9. What advice would you give your young self, when you were first starting to pursue this passion of yours, in terms of this whole music thing? Anything that you know now that you wish you knew back then?
I burned A LOT of bridges due to my being quick tempered and stubborn. I would've told myself to shut up and listen to a helping hand and not bite hands that feed me growth. It took me a while to gain that concept of maturity.
10. Do you write all of your own music?
Really? Next question..