I don’t limit myself. I listen to a lot of artists, not so much the new class, but I keep my ears open. I take different elements from every song I listen to. Whether it be lyrically, instrumentally, emotionally, structure, any and everything I can take in.
2. What hip-hop albums did you grow up listening to?
Younger I kinda listened to whatever my dad listened to. That’s where I get my ears from. He always was listening to something different from the hardest rapper to some RnB sh*t, smooth sh*t. As a teenager I listened to a lot of Twista (Kamikaze & The Day After), Kanye (College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation), Jay-Z (Blueprint series, Kingdom Come, The Dynasty), Wayne (mixtapes), Jeezy (Can’t Ban The Snowman, mixtapes), Fabolous (Street Dreams & From Nothin To Somethin’), Biggie (Ready To Die, Life After Death, Born Again)…I listened to everybody
3. If you could do a collaboration with any other artist, who would it be and why?
The most honest answer I can give is that I’d rather collab with somebody from my city. That Dayton vibe is crucial. The industry can’t match that.
4. What do you want your listeners to get from your music?
That it’s ok to be you. You don’t have to lie to kick it as they say. Take your life, even if it’s a watered down wack ass 9 to 5 bill paying life, hype it up. Make who you are electric if you’re gonna make music someone will always be able to relate and respect will always be given. Lately its like the world is hung up on image and money. Im trying to break away from that and bring reality back into the picture.
5. Who are your biggest influences and inspirations in the rap and hip-hop game and in your personal life?
Life itself is an influence. I’ve been writing since I was six so music has become an outlet for me to release energy from life through. Personally, I just do it for my kids (nieces and nephew).
6. What made you want to get into the entertainment business?
7. What is the most difficult thing you’ve had to endure in your life?
Becoming a man on my own.
8. Do you draw on real life experiences to write your music?
Yes, what other way to make meaningful music than to be honest with yourself about situations through emotion.
9. Who are your top five favorite artists?
Getty, Verse, Essie Jones, Major & myself.
10. Let’s play head to head:
-Tupac or Biggie?
-Wayne or Drake?
-Kendrick Lamar or J Cole?
-Future or Dom Kennedy?
-Meek Mill or Young Thug?
-A$AP Rocky or School Boy Q?
-Beyonce or Monica?
-Lil Kim or Nicki Minaj?
-Trey Songz or Chris Brown?
-Nas or Jay-Z?
-Kanye or Eminem?